Saturday, June 28, 2008

My new life

I have been married now for three weeks, and couldn't ask for a better husband! My life is in a wonderful place right now, and I have never been happier. We had the wedding of our (my) dreams and I will remember the wonderful night always! Afterward we went on an amazing honeymoon and were able to relax together for the first time since we talked about getting married. You see the proposal wasn't exactly a surprise. Steven and I talked pretty much since the first day we told each other we loved each other about getting married. It was crazy, I NEVER thought I would be the person to get married as fast as I did. I used to think when people said "they just knew" they were full of it! I had always thought I would date the guy at least for a year before I would become engaged, but ended up dating my husband for a whole 2 months! Now I am one of those people who says I just knew.

Now that I'm happily married I have moved to Louisiana. It's been great living with my husband, but I don't have a job at the moment and I have no friends out here. Whenever my husband is at work I am by myself with our dog. It's a huge adjustment, and I get so bored when he's not here! Sometimes I do have my stepdaughter, Elisabeth. Whenever she's with us I'm just fine because a 9 year old girl will definitely keep you on your toes! As I am trying to adjust to all of this my parents decide to call me one night to tell me they are seperating after 32 years. I don't know how I feel about all of this. It wasn't a shock to me because I have seen the downfall of my parent's marriage, but I still had hoped they would wait a little longer before they decided to seperate. I feel terrible because my brother had no clue any of this was going to happen, and it all came out of left field for him. He's so mad, and I feel guilty for not giving him a head's up. The time was never right, and I guess I just thought my parents would work it out like they had always done.

So here I am starting a new marriage, and having to deal with my parent's divorce. I just don't know how to feel or what to think at the moment about the whole situation. I do have to say that my husband has been so supportive! He keeps reminding me that we are nothing like my parents, and our marriage is FOREVER! I know that, and he doesn't have to remind me but I still love hearing him say it. So here's my first blog post, and I feel like I have treated it more like a therapy session. Hopefully the next on won't be quite a therapy session!

1 comment:

Jennifer-Colley said...

I will definitely be praying for you and for your parents! I know that it is a hard thing to go through especially after you just get married yourself! Love ya girl! Lets be blogging friends!