Well it's official, I am a coon ass!! I am living in a state that gets overrun by hurricanes. I knew whenever my husband and I decided it would be easier if I moved here with him that this would be an issue. So I had to go and fill up my car with gas today, and was probably one of the last people in our lil city to get regular gas! I am about to go to the grocery store to buy water and batteries, all of that stuff. I'm a little hesistant because I think it might be a waste of my time though.
I think back to living in Houston and everyone in an ABSOLUTE PANIC in Houston over Rita, and it turned out to be nothing. The only problem with that was that it wasn't nothing for people who lived here in Lake Charles. So now I am planning an evacuation for the first time that I have ever really been concerned with this type of thing. The first day my husband saw the news about Gustov he said to me, "Oh baby we might get our first evacuation together!" I just thought to myself, one could only hope!! So here I am planning out where to go, and making sure we go early enough to beat the evacuation traffic. I keep thinking to myself, "What things do I bring with me?" Since we did just get married, and we got some really terrific gifts I don't want to leave anything behind. I know it's just stuff, but it's stuff I will look back on later in life and remember that we got it at our wedding. So here I am rambling on and on, but I'm really getting anxious and feeling quite apprehensive. Prayers for us here, and anyone who might be affected in this!!!
Stay safe everyone!!
We Sort of Just Bought a House…WHAT?!
11 years ago

2 comments:
Hey Laura-
Welcome to the blogging world.
I hope the evacuation wasn't too stressful. Seems like you were spared the worst.
Congrats on your recent marriage.
Praying that everything turned out OK for you guys! Natural disasters seem to follow us (Hurricane rita in Houston and then the wildfires in San Diego last year), so I know how stressful it can all be. Enjoy the time off with your hubby though! :)
Post a Comment