Showing off the blue nails
Whew! We have never been so happy to be back at home!! I love my family, but this weekend was a little stressful. On Saturday we decided to leave and head to Houston, but we had to wait for Steven to get off of work. We ended up leaving at 10:00pm, which would have been fine if it took our normal 2 hours to get to Houston. Unfortunately we didn't make it to my Dad's house until 4:30am!! Yuck!! I just don't stay up that late anymore, and it took me a while to recover. We woke up at 9 the next day, and couldn't go back to sleep no matter how hard we tried!
Then on Sunday Steven went to play golf with my Dad and his friend Donny, and they had a blast. Elisabeth and I went with my Mom to have manicures and pedicures. She had so much fun, and she HAD to get blue nail/toe polish. I tried to make her just do it on her toes, but she said no because blue was her favorite color. I'm learning there are some battles that just aren't worth arguing about.
We had a party at my Dad's for my grandmother's 78th birthday. Everyone showed up except my brother (which was no surprise) and it was a really nice time. I hadn't seen everyone since the wedding so it was good to catch up with everyone. That night we left and went to dinner at the Aquarium where Elisabeth had the TIME of her life! I have never seen that child so excited, she just ran taking pictures of all of the fish in the tank. She had SOOOO much fun, which made it all worth it. I'm not so sure that the Aquarium is my favorite restaurant, but it's a great place for kiddos. The next day our evacuation was lifted and we decided to go straight home because we wanted to sleep in our own bed. We made the best of it, but I really hope not to have to evacuate again! It sure looks like a possibility so maybe the next time you hear from me we will have moved to Oregon or something :)

2 comments:
Next time you guys are in town we gotta get together. Cute pics. Blue nail polish?!?! They shouldn't even make such a thing. Your mom looks great and I am glad you guys returned to your place just the way you left it!
Hi Laura! Glad we found each other on here! You seem to have such a wonderful life going on with your new husband and step-daughter! I'm so glad life is treating you well :) I will be following your blog!
Post a Comment