I finally have a job!! Woo hoo!! I am the first pick substitute for an elementary school St. John's out here in Lake Charles, and the principal wants me to start after school tutoring for her very soon. I really love this elementary school, and the principal is AMAZING!!! I was offered a long term sub position, but that's not until January because a teacher is going on maternity leave. I finally feel like I am getting back to a normal life, and although it's not the full time teaching job I want, it's a start in the right direction. It's been so hard to find something out here because I don't know anyone, and you know what they say it's not always what you know it's who you know. I now have a place to be Monday thru Friday and I love it!! I really can see myself teaching there for years and years. Then Steven and I went driving through the neighborhoods around the school, and it just felt like home to me. Our lease is up in April so hopefully we'll be able to do move out there then.
The only down side to this is I'm not getting to see my hubby as much as I'm used to. Since he works nights I am asleep before he gets home, I leave before he wakes up, and I only get to see him for about 15-30 minutes in the time when I get home to the time he leaves :(. We are going to have to get used to this, but right now it's really not that much fun. So I haven't been writing in a while because I have been a little busy. Learning to adjust to my life, again. This time I feel like I have much more of a place out here, and I'm starting to make friends. I also joined Steven's parent's gym yesterday so I can get my butt back in shape. My butt has kind of gotten out of shape in these last few months so I'm ready to do something about it now!! It would have made so much sense for me to be working out this whole time instead of being a lazy bum, but it didn't happen that way. :( I hope everyone is doing well!!!
We Sort of Just Bought a House…WHAT?!
11 years ago

5 comments:
marriage is all about adapting. New things and challenges will happen daily/monthly/yearly. It is how you handle these situations that really affect your realtionship. Love each other, communicate with each other, and remember the reasons you got together. This will make u stronger. Trust me I know all about a busy husband! Let me know if you need to talk. Congrats on the job. Teaching is a good gig.
Congrats on the job. I hope you are able to figure out y'alls work schedules so you get to see more of each other!
Congratulations! I always get SO excited about new jobs, but then about a week in I'm ready to be a housewife again! Haha! You know, the grass is always greener....
It really is a bummer that you guys work opposite schedules, but at least you will appreciate your time together that much more!
hey! so glad you like your school. In my opinion that makes or breaks teaching... its about the kids, but loving who you work with and for makes all the difference! Love you! lets catch up soon!
I'm very glad to hear you got a job that you love!
Hopefully the schedueling between you and the hubby gets easier soon.
Good Luck at the gym! I need to do something too...
Post a Comment