Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Whew what a weekend!!


Look at that scowl!! Little Lilly Martin
Here's little Lilly with her Aunt Laura
Here's the cutie Trevor!!
Look at the size of that head!!!
Our pumkins, this will be the before picture


I had such a great, but busy weekend this past weekend! Saturday I went to Elisabeth's soccer game at 9:00am. Let me tell you that little girl is AGGRESSIVE!! She's not quite the girly girl I was at 9 years old. Then I ventured to Houston to go to a show with my Mom and Grandma. We're TOTAL nerds and love the show "So You Think You Can Dance" so we went to the live show. It was really good, but not as good as the show from last year. (Yes we are dorky enough to have gone both years, and will go again next year!) When I got to Houston my Mom was watching my cousin Michelle's little boy Trevor, who's really not so little!! He's 5 months old, and looks like he should be walking!! What a sweet baby he is though, and I was so happy to see him since I hadn't seen him since the day after he was born. Then on Sunday I had an ABSOLUTELY crazy day!! Mom and I got up and went to church, then went to get a quick bite to eat for lunch. After lunch I ran a few errands, then went to see my Dad for a little while. I felt bad that I couldn't spend much time with Dad, but that's the way things sometimes go :). Then I hurried and drove from Humble to Katy, which takes an hour and a half on a good day. I went and spent some good quality time with my best friend Angela, who's now an old lady at the age of 30!! It was her birthday, and I'm so glad I could be there. I haven't seen her since my wedding 4 months ago, and I missed her terribly! I also got to see my sweet little niece(not by blood) Lilly Correne Martin. She has gotten SO big!! That baby girl is my birthday twin, and I couldn't love her more if she was my own. Then, I drove home and of course got stuck in horrendous traffic! The trip home took me almost 4 hours instead of the 3 it was supposed to take me, but that's the way it sometimes goes. I'm really glad that I could be gone on Sunday because Steven and Elisabeth really had a good Daddy-daughter day. Since we have been married the two of them haven't had a day alone together, and before I was in the picture that's all they had. I know that she missed those days, so I was glad they could get one in. It did make me feel good when I called her to tell her goodnight while I was on the road, I asked her if she was glad she got to be alone with her Daddy and she said, "Yes and no... I had a lot of fun with Daddy, but I really missed you a LOT!" That really made me feel good, I just love that little girl!


Then last night Elisabeth and I were super busy! We went to pick out our family pumpkins that we are going to carve next weekend. Of course Elisabeth picked out the three largest pumpkins she could find, and she wants the biggest one for herself naturally. Then we rushed home and made Halloween cookies for all the kid in her class which of course took longer than I thought it would! Elisabeth lost interest in decorating them so naturally I finished them for her. I love fall and all of the fun stuff you get to do, but I can't wait for my first Christmas with my new family!! We're going on our first family vacation to the smoky mountain in November, and taking my Mom with us which will be so much fun!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Don't you love how kids lose interest so fast? Apparently this goes on for years... Glad you are having so much fun! Can I make fun of you for going to that tour? Hehe! Too funny!

Jennifer-Colley said...

you were a busy little gal this weekend!

Emily said...

My house is in Katy...Raintree Village. I work in Aldine so the commute is really long, but Katy is home to me! Thanks for your advice on voting. I am going to vote but it is still difficult for me. Enough about that...congrats on the job! I began subbing at the school I currently teach at. I subbed there and they never let me go to a different school...I was there every day. As soon as I passed one test towards my certification I was hired as a teacher 2 days later. It was great, I never had to interview or do anything like that. I have been at the same school since 2005 so I am sure you will get hired as a teacher asap! Good luck with it all. Subbing can be rough so take some super deep breaths!