Friday, January 30, 2009

It's been a while...

I haven't been able to update my blog in a while, and for that I do apologize! Things have been really busy for me lately, and I haven't quite figured out how to manage everything yet. I'll get there soon though, I promise.

I have one question, how do all of you with a full time job keep your house clean all the time? When I get home I'm exhausted because I'm usually running around all day at school. The thought of doing laundry, or vacuuming really just doesn't appeal to me at that point. My house isn't dirty by any means, I just don't have everything in it's perfect spot, and my laundry basket is quite full. Of course having a husband (who like most other husbands) that completely forgot how to do these things the second we said "I do" doesn't help at all!

I am really loving my new job! My 73 kids that I have (that's right I said 73) are wonderful, and they have really been putting their best face forward. We'll see how long that lasts! I am now working with k-3 instead of just k-2, which will be challenging I know. I'm trying to manage how to get my planning all done for the week, but I'm learning quickly!

Steven and I are looking for a new place to live because we are soooo tired of sharing walls with people. Our noisy neighbors that I may have mentioned in the past are moving out as I'm writing this, but we don't know what kind of people are moving in. We are just ready for more room! I didn't think it would be possible for us to fill up a 3 bedroom/2 bath condo but we definitely did! We're looking around our neighborhood for a place, and have a few possibilities that we are going to go check out tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. We just want to find a decent house to live in until we're ready to buy, but we're not ready to buy until we know for sure where we want to live for a while.

We were able to go to New Orleans for my birthday, which was amazing! I really love that city, and with our opposite schedules it was really nice to get some one on one time with my hubby! We had wonderful food, went shopping, and just walked around (freezing our butts off). I was very excited we got to pop in and visit my friend Lauren at work, I haven't seen her since our wedding so that was great. While we were spending time in New Orleans we realized that we could live there one day, so we'll have to see what the future holds.....

I hope you all had a wonderful week, and have an even more wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so happy things are so good for you!!! I hope you guys find a good place!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good luck with the house search. I think everybody can relate to annoying neighbors.