Thursday, January 8, 2009

I got sent to the principal's office!!

Well today was a great day!! I was subbing for a friend of mine Courtney (who's preggo and about to pop any minute) and I got a call from the office, "Mrs. Falgout, Mrs. Kingham wants you to meet her in her office in 20 minutes". All the kiddos started saying, "Ooooooohhhhhh Mrs. Falgout what did you do to be called into the principal's office?" also "Oh NO Mrs. Falgout you're in big trouble now!!!" Well my friend Lori (who's the inclusion teaching that stays in that room all day) says, "Oh my gosh Laura, I think you got a job!" I told her to stop saying stuff like that to me because I didn't want to get my hopes up.



Well fortunately for me, she was right! I FINALLY have a full time job!! I'm a reading coach for grades K-2, and am soooo excited!! It's not quite a teaching job, but I do have to have a teacher's certificate to do it (which makes me happy I can use my degree). I will have my own classroom, and my own kiddos. I am soooooo excited to be able to make my own plans, and have my own students. I start Monday, and couldn't be happier for my new job!! All of my friends that I sub for a lot are a little upset because the substitute list is slim, but they are all happy for me! One great thing about this job is that I will be in the prime spot for a job next year, one of the teachers Jaimie (who did this same job last year) told me that she was hired in April for the fall and had her pick of a grade level!! That would be amazing if I could get that :)



I hope you all are doing well, and since none of you live here I'll add a picture of my adorable school. It looks like an old timey school house, but it's only been opened 2 years.

4 comments:

Cara said...

Congratulations, Laura! What a huge blessing. You'll have to post pics of your classroom when you get settled in, since I know it will be adorable!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats, Laura. I'm sure that's a huge weight off your shoulders.

The Perrone's said...

congrats, you will love teaching. The hours are fabulous and its a wonderful gig with kids. TRUST ME!

Kimmie said...

HUGE Congrats to you chica. The new job sounds wonderful. Like Cara said, we def want to see pics of your new classroom (once you give it a makeover). Enjoy!