So I know it's because my hormones are completely out of whack, but I am just extremely bummed out this week. I feel like so many things are right in my life, and for some reason I'm just bothered by things. For instance I cried my eyes out today because my hubby told me he probably wasn't going to work tonight, and then it turned out he had to go in. Ugh, I'm really not that much of a baby I swear!!
I have started tutoring for one of my students after school on Tuesday and Thursday until 4:30, which means I don't get home until 5:00ish on those days. It's been really great for this child, and I love seeing improvement in him from this. The only bummer is on Tuesdays and Thursdays I don't see my husband at ALL! I know later in our marriage (like 15 years or so) I might feel different about not seeing him for two days a week, but I still really like spending time with him. It just makes the night a little sad for me while he's at work.
I am also really missing my girls. I am getting friends out here now, but no one I would go hang with on a regular basis. I was thinking about coming to Houston this weekend, but I'm so behind on things at my house that I don't feel like it's the right time for me to come. Ugh!!
And then to top it off today I found out how hard my job can be at times. One of my kindergarten students told me this morning that he didn't get any sleep last night because his Mommy and Daddy were fighting. Then he told me that his Daddy was attacking his Mommy, and he went to ask them to stop. His Daddy told him he would stop, and then "C" said that his Daddy tricked him because he didn't stop. I went to the counselor with this information because it of course absolutely broke my heart, and it ended up that we couldn't do anything about it. Ugh this is the part of my job that sucks because it is our duty to report suspicions of abuse, but if it's out of our hands and we can't do anything it makes it really hard.
So I'm not trying to be a "Debby Downer" I'm just having an off day. Good news is that I am off for the next 4 days for Mardi Gras (one thing I love about living in Louisiana) so I should have time to get back to normal. I hope you guys are all doing well!!!
We Sort of Just Bought a House…WHAT?!
11 years ago

2 comments:
I'm sorry for all the stuff going on. That breaks my heart you cannot do anything to help the child with he "fighting" parents. That's so horribly sad :(
Sorry you are having a bad week.
But, um, "can't do anything." That's not right...that kid could also be getting abused. I would let somebody else know...and keep a careful eye on "C" for any markings. That is super sad.
Post a Comment