Saturday, September 13, 2008

I decided after Friday night, NEVER AGAIN!!!

I don't even live in Houston or Galveston, and the night I had Friday night scared me to death! Never again will I not leave when a hurricane is coming, no matter what my husband's work makes him do! I have only lived through this once before, but that was Hurricane Alicia and I was 1 year old. The wind was WHALING through my front door, and I was sure all my little windows in my french doors were going to shatter everywhere. All through out the night we were under tornado warning after tornado warning, which really doesn't help one sleep through the storm. My husband and I slept in our guest room because it has no windows, and we thought it would be quieter. Maybe it was, but it sure wasn't quiet enough!!

We were lucky, and no damage happened to our property and for that I am grateful. We missed getting flooded by INCHES literally! We know how lucky we are, and I feel for my friends and family who weren't so lucky. I'm just saying that next time they report a hurricane hitting us or Galveston we are LEAVING!!!

I hope everyone is doing well in Houston, and I'm praying for you all to get your power back ASAP because I know it has to be miserable!!

2 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Glad everything is okay for you guys. It seems like Houston didn't get it too bad.

Cara said...

How SCARY! So glad you guys made it through safely, but I'm with you - no sticking it out through hurricanes!