Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh the joys of new technology!!

So my husband and I bought a new tv July 20. We bought an LG new LCD tv, that has become my husband's baby! He was sooo excited to get to watch his opening football games on his new baby, and had started to figure out which of our friends we were going to invite over yesterday. Then on Friday night, the picture went out on the TV. Well I was able to calm my husband down when I told him that I was sure we could take it back to Circuit City and have them look at it for warranty work (which was something I saw on Circuit City's website by the way) since we only have had it for 45ish days. I did call LG to see what we needed to do, and they did tell me that I should be able to take it to Circuit City with no problems.

So we wake up Saturday morning and take it in at 10:00. We walk over to the customer service to talk to them and the person calls over the manager to help us. The manager looks right over to us and tells us there is NOTHING they can do because we are out of the 30 day return window. I try to explain to him that we don't want to necessarily exchange the tv, just have someone work on it. He cuts me off in the middle of my sentence and states again that there is nothing he can do. Well my husband is probably the most mild mannered person you will ever meet, and he NEVER says any curse words!! Not this day, he looked at the manager and said, "Seriously you can't do anything for us after we spend over $1,100.00 on this tv here! You are a @(*#, !(@*#, @(#*$*&$!!" Then the manager smiles at us and tells us to have a nice day. Ugh the nerve!! I had to do everything I could to push my husband out the door quickly before he got more angry.

So next I called LG again. They told me I could call this one company and set up a time for someone to come out and repair the tv on Tuesday. While Tuesday didn't seem quick enough we took it. I called the place, and they told me they couldn't come out until Wed the 17th!! This of course made my husband very upset again, and I had to calm him down again! So I'm back on the phone with LG, and told them what the company told me. The guy at first was very understanding and told me to hold on so he could get the next company. When he comes back to give me another company I asked a very legitimate question, "If this person tells us the same thing as the last company what is our next step?" Well, you would have thought I asked him to send me a check for $25,000 or something. He was VERY rude to me telling me that we will just have to see what the company says next. UGH!!! Well, good thing is someone from that company is coming out this morning to look at it and hopefully they can fix it. It has just been quite aggrevating getting to this point! Moral of the story, don't buy a TV from Circuit City!! Especially out here in Lake Charles!!

What do you think should I write a complaint to circuit city, or just let it go? I'm trying to decide so opinions would help!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Write a complaint!!! I am a firm believer in letting people know how you feel, especially when they deserve to know. In this case, it wasn't a $20 walkman, its an expensive TV. You should have every right to be able to exchange or get it looked at. When buying a TV, you are buying it for the picture. Not because you have an attractive box to hang on your wall or put on a TV stand (though that helps). A TV has a purpose of allowing you to watch things, not stare at a blank, nonfunctionable screen. Complain, and let me know what happens. I definitely won't spend my money with Circuit City!! Although I think I heard a rumor (I could be wrong) that they were closing (which may be why they wouldn't take it back). So if you are going to complain, I'd do it soon.