Sunday, November 2, 2008

Yay it's November!!

November, December, and January are my three favorite months in the year, and I'm soooo excited November is finally here! It's crazy though to think that 2008 is really close to being over, I guess it's true what they say..."The older you are the shorter the years become!" To tell you the truth I have never felt as old as I do currently (trust me I know I'm not old). My days are filled with working, and my nights are filled with laundry, homework (when we have Elisabeth), cooking dinner, and cleaning. When did I get so old?? It's crazy when you go to your best friend's 30th birthday party, and it's scary when you realize that you aren't that far around the corner. Ok now that I have that off of my chest, here's an update on Laura's life:

For the past 11 days I have been sick! I got an upper respiratory viral infection, and my Doctor told me reluctantly that there was nothing he could do for me. That was frustrating, and once my fever was gone I have had this "gunk" in my chest, and completely lost my voice. It has been a VERY frustrating few days, but I am finally getting back to normal. I am ready for my immune system to get stronger so I can handle working with kiddos, and not get every sickness they carry! I haven't updated my blog lately because of this crud, but since I woke up this morning I have been feeling great! Still coughing, but I have a voice so I'm happy. That's another thing, it's Sunday and I woke up at 6:30am! It will take my body some time to get used to this time change, but 6:30 is REDICULOUS!!!

The hubby and I are thoroughly tired of our opposite schedules, that we know will just get worse as time goes on. With this the hubby has decided he is going back to school to get his teaching degree to teach high school. It will be less money for us, but the schedule will be so much better. Once we have kiddos we know this schedule will just get harder, and harder so Steven will be a student at McNeese University starting January. I'm very happy about this decision, and I think it will be great for us and our family.

We were very boring this Halloween! We saw the kiddo all dressed up for Halloween, and her stepsister. They were so cute! Cassidy (Elisabeth's stepsister) was a southern bell, and Elisabeth was Hermione from Harry Potter. They had a lot of fun, and probably stayed up really late since Halloween was on a Friday. I was a little disappointed that we didn't have a single trick or treater, but we do live downtown so it does make sense. Once we move to the suburbs I'm sure we will have nonstop trick or treaters.

So there's a wrap up of the Falgout's these past few weeks, we have been working, going to soccer games, and being sick. Soccer season is now over, which means we get a break until softball season starts :) We are going on our family vacation to the Smoky Mountains in a few weeks, and I can't wait for that!! It will be Steven & I, Elisabeth, and my Mom! We are going to have a BLAST!! It's our first family vacation, and I can't wait. I hope everyone has had a great couple of weeks, and I promise I will update more often. Until next time.....




The southern bell


Our cute Hermione

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love Hermione! She actually looks a little like her.

I hope you feel better soon and I'm so glad your schedules are going to be better soon.