Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tennessee....FINALLY!!!!

FINALLY I am getting to update my blog! Sorry I haven't done it in a while, but things have just been a little busy here lately.



Finally.... Our Tennessee Trip!!

Here's some of our highlights from the Falgout's first family vacation


I am so glad that my Mom got to go with us! She had a great time being with the Falgout family, and I do have to admit it was a little strange for me to be the Mom instead of her. It wouldn't have been the same trip without her, and Elisabeth had a wonderful time with her being there too :)




We actually loved Dollywood! It wasn't as cheesy as we thought it would be. We were the youngest people there (by far) which did have it's advantages! We were able to ride the roller coasters without standing in line. I was very impressed with our little daredevil, as long as she could sit by Daddy she rode every ride! I did them all except for the wooden roller coaster because that's just out of my comfort zone!






We had so much fun on our train ride through Dollywood at night, but did freeze our butts off during it! We went to Gatilinburg to get to the top of a mountain. Of course we had already decided ahead of time what day we were going to do this, and were not aware that it would be 15 degrees outside!! The wonderful thing about it was the snow (I didn't know at the time we were going to get a freak snow storm in the south later) Elisabeth had never been around snow before that actually stuck to the ground, so she was EXCITED!!! The not so wonderful thing about it was how cold it was!!!!
Our highlight of our trip had to be visiting the Biltmore Estate! This was an experience like no other!! We all thoroughly enjoyed it, and visiting it was well worth the money. We spent the whole day there, and still didn't get through everything. We started with a tour of the house using our self guided audio tour. Elisabeth was so funny with this because she HAD to listen to every word, and stay staring at whatever they were talking about until the person stopped talking. We kept getting way ahead of her in the castle, and I had to keep going back to find her. We then toured the gardens, which I'm sure are an amazing site when spring is in bloom!! Of course in November there wasn't much to see outside of the greenhouses. Then we did a wine tasting, and Elisabeth was our official grape juice taster. The wine wasn't that good, but it was still fun :). Then at night we had a tour of the estate complete with carolers, and ballerinas. It was so beautiful!! If you are ever in that side of the country you HAVE to visit the estate! It's so amazing. Steven and I would really like to visit it and stay at the Inn for a future anniversary.





All in all it was amazing! We had so much fun together, and I can't wait until we can go on our future family trips together. We will have many, many more Falgout family vacations! Thank you Kelly and Kenny for letting us use your timeshare, it was so nice to have a decent sized place to stay in for 5 nights!

I will have to add my favorite part of the trip.... My Mom told me after the trip was over that she is so happy to see the family that I have created for myself. She told me she loves the way we are together, and is very glad of the choices I made for myself. I know all of this, but it was really nice hearing it from my Mom! Love you Mom, and thanks for coming with us!!!

3 comments:

Cara said...

What a fun trip! I did Dollywood and Gatlinburg a few years ago with my family and it is VERY pretty there! Your little family is so cute!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a fun trip. I've heard the Biltmore is beautiful (I hear they have weekday deals, too).

You are very lucky that your mom got to join you, too!

Jennifer-Colley said...

will you be in houston for christmas?