- I went with the hubby (then boyfriend) to New Orleans for my bday present. We had an amazing time, and decided then that we should just do it and get married! It was such an amazing trip, and we're repeating it this year for my bday!!
- I got engaged on Jan 13, what a whirlwind that was! I knew it was coming, but was still nervous for Steven to ask my Dad since we had only been dating for two months. My parents knew exactly what Steven and I knew, and were ECSTATIC!!
- Lilly Martin was born on my birthday, Jan 16. I don't get to see that little one as much as I would like to, but I still love her like crazy!
- I had an amazing time doing my student teaching with two wonderful teachers! This really showed me that I have a huge passion for teaching, I still have it I just need a job to fill it!!
- I finally graduated college, only took 8 years (with time off) but I did it! It was a huge accomplishment that was overshadowed by my wedding, but it happened!!
- I got hitched, which was AMAZING and really overshadowed most of my year. This was hands down the best night of my life, and I really have to thank my Mom for that. She (and my Dad's wallet) went above and beyond to make sure it was the most wonderful night of my life. It was beautiful, I just wish it would have lasted longer. I'm sure my parents are glad it didn't last longer, after the big alcohol tab :)
- I became an instant Mom! I went from no child to a 9 year old daughter. Yes she's my stepdaughter, but she really treats me more like her other Mom. I love that little girl so much, and I don't know if I could love her more if she was my own. She is teaching me so much, and I know that will continue with the impending teenage years just around the corner!!!
- We went to McMinnville and Portland, Oregon for our honeymoon which was the best trip I have had thus far. We were able to relax, eat good food (which was nice since I starved myself for the wedding ;), and drink lots of yummy wine. If our life ever permits it Steven and I will move to Oregon, yes we loved it that much!! When we win the lottery we will buy our second house there, oh if wishing only made it so....
- I also had a wonderful trip to Tennessee with my amazing mother, Elisabeth, and Steven. I have talked about that recently so I won't bore you with that again.
There's some of the highlights of 2008 for me, and WOW there were some major life changes for Laura. Not just changing my last name from (easy to say) Turner to (hard to pronounce from the spelling) Falgout (Fal-goo), but many many more. We'll just have to wait and see what changes 2009 holds for me! I hope you all have a happy new year, and PLEASE stay safe! The hubby and I are both working at L'Auberge du Lac so we'll be able to meet each other in the employee hallway for our new year's smooch ;)
Can't wait to hear what 2009 holds in store for the rest of you either!!!

3 comments:
VERY CUTE!! I am so happy that you are HAPPY!!! You deserve to be. Your life definitely changed drastically in '08, I am interested to see whats in store for you in '09! Love you and am glad we're still close as ever!
What an exciting year for you!! Your 2008 sounds a lot like my 2006 - engaged, married, and moved across the country! Can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for you. :)
What a fun year it has been!
Happy New Year and here's to 2009!
Post a Comment