Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where in the world has Laura been???

It has been absolutely FOREVER since I have posted anything!! I could give you the "I've been busy" excuse (and it's true), but the real truth is I just haven't felt like coming home and typing on the computer! I'm sure some of you understand this. I have been keeping up with all of your busy lives on here via my palm, but it's such a pain in the you know what to comment that I haven't been good about that either.

So, all in all I'm a terrible blogger these days. Oh well summer's coming up and then I'll have LOTS of free time, and let me tell you I'm SOOOO READY!!

So where have I been? Home and school, and not much else! We moved into a house in the middle of March, and I love our new place! The hubby and I have become hermit crabs because we love our new place, and are saving up lots of money for our anniversary vacation! We're going to Washington DC for 7 days/6 nights, and let me tell you I CAN'T WAIT!!! I feel like I haven't seen my husband for 2 weeks! Since this is the case, I'm counting down until I get to spend 10 whole days with him. We are leaving on the June 2, and coming back on the 8th. We are flying out of Houston, and this is perfect because my Mom's birthday is on June 1st so I'm so excited to spend it with her. Last year on her birthday I don't even remember if we did anything because it was a little over shadowed by wedding preparations.


Elisabeth is now 10 years old, and I swear she's getting taller EVERYDAY! That child will definitely overshadow me any day now (not that it's saying much since I am only 5'2"). My dad got her a slip and slide for her birthday, and I think it's become more of a present for Steven than Elisabeth. He LOVES it! Here's a picture of the fun (he would KILL me for doing this).



Lilly couldn't help herself! She HAD to join in with Daddy!!




I really thought we were going to have to make a trip to the hospital!

Professionally things are about to change for me, and hopefully for the better! I did say before that I am not quite doing a full teaching job. What I do is a reading initiative program, and I'm paid by title 1 (for all of you non teachers this is a government funding program for underprivileged children which we have a lot of). The job doesn't pay a full teacher salary, and is a temporary position based on funding and needs. Well now that we are coming to the end of the year I have been VERY nervous about what's in store for me next year because of cuts in our parish. I have been sitting on pins and needles hoping and wishing for an interview, and yesterday I got one! I feel really good about the interview (especially since I was told about it 2 hours before the actual interview). I have it much better than the other candidates because I do know all of the people who were sitting in, and I just was granted a very expensive technology board for my classroom (without actually having one). I am just in the waiting phase now to see, so prayers please!! I'm thinking it's for 2nd grade, but wasn't actually told what grade I was interviewing for.

Well I think I've rambled enough, and I promise to be updating more soon! I hope all of you Mommies had a fantastic Mother's Day!!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! You've been busy. I hope you hear the results of the interview soon.

Kimmie said...

Ahahaha, I love the slip-n-slide pics. Makes me want one. Im def getting a baby pool for the dogs this summer, haha. And congrats on snagging an interview. I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear good news.
Hope you have a fabulous wknd chica.