Monday, November 17, 2008

Off to Tennessee we go!!


We are leaving Wednesday morning at 5:00am to head out to Tennessee! I'm so very excited to go on our first family vacation, and that my Mom gets to go with us! Steven and I are packed (minus toiletries) with our two HUGE suitcases so I am ready to go!!!


I went ahead and packed today because I didn't have to work, so I feel very accomplished and ahead of schedule :). Really, I'm not that ahead because I would have no time tomorrow. This will be my day: I have to work from 7-3:15, go pick up Elisabeth (who I'm PRAYING will be packed), come home to get Lilly and go to Houston. We will be making a mad dash to Houston to pick up Mom and drop off Lilly with Slick (that's what Elisabeth calls my Dad). I could have boarded Lilly, but last time we did it was a DISASTER because poor thing got SOOOO sick!! We only boarded her for two days, and she could not keep food down. Luckily I have my Dad who's gracious enough to watch her for a whole week. Then, we will make a mad dash back to Lake Charles so we can get some much needed sleep before waking up at 4:00am. Wooweee I'm gonna be a busy girl!!


For our trip we have some really great things planned, it includes a trip to Biltmore Estate in North Carolina since we will only be about an hour and a half away from it. I'm most excited about our visit to the estate because I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. We of course will go to Dollywood, go on a ski lift that has a mini amusement park on the mountain, possibly do indoor skydiving, and just see what's out there to enjoy.
The Biltmore Estate


While we are on our vacation Steven and I will hit our one year mark (since we were "officially" a couple). Are we insane or what?? Sometimes I can't believe I have been married to a man for 5 months, and it's only been a year since we were officially a couple! Yes we were insane, but I definitely know it was in God's hands for us to get together. This has definitely been the best year of my life! It makes me sad that we're getting close to 2008 ending because this year has been the most amazing for me! In 2008 I got engaged, graduated college, got married/became a step mom, and moved to Louisiana! I just don't think 2009 will be quite that eventful for me, but it will be an amazing one I'm sure. If you don't hear from me don't worry I will update after we get back :) I can tell you right now that it won't be until after Thanksgiving, so I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Make sure to wear stretchy pants :)

3 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Have a great trip.

And, I'm sure 2009 will be just as good! Always look forward.

Jenny said...

Sounds like a fun trip. You guys will have a blast!! I am super jealous, can't wait to hear all about it and see you over the Thanksgiving break!

The Perrone's said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. WHEN WE LET GOD CONTROL OUR PLANS, GREAT THINGS HAPPEN. I AM GLAD YOU HAVE SEEN HIS GRACE. THINGS SO SO GREAT FOR U, AND I AM SO GLAD. YOU DESERVE IT. IT YOU THINK MARRIAGE IS WONDERFUL, WAIT TO YOU HAVE BABIES.....ITS MAGICAL.