Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Ten






Ten things I miss about Houston:

Let me start off by saying, I absolutely LOVE my life and wouldn't change a thing but of course I miss things from my hometown! Secondly these are not in order of importance just merely in the order they popped into my head!!

10. I miss watching my dog Lilly get to play and play and play with Rowdy (Mom's dog)! She's getting a little lazy these days :)

9. I miss the Taste of Texas salad bar!! When you work there you get so tired of it, but now that I haven't had it in a while I really miss it. Maybe I should try and squeeze it in while I'm in town for Thanksgiving. Anyone want to join me??

8. I miss my Mema! I hate that I can't be there for her like I would want to be during this tough time. My Papa is on home hospice care, and it hasn't been a walk in the park for her lately. I just wish I could come and spend time with her more often.

7. I miss Kohl's and New York and Company!! I used to HATE Kohl's, but I have realized that they have really great clothes for work. The closest one to us is in Baton Rough 1 hr and 45 minutes away! Then New York and Co has always been one of my favorite stores, and I know we don't have one here. This just makes me spend less money on clothes, so I guess it's not the worst thing in the world.

6. I miss my nights with Mom. I have turned into a younger carbon copy of my mother, and really miss the nights we used to have. We used to lay in her bed and watch all of our dorky HGTV and TLC shows almost every night. I catch myself watching those shows whenever I can, but it's not the same without my Mama :)

5. I miss traffic! Oh wait that's the major thing I DON'T miss!! The longest I have ever been stuck in traffic here in Lake Charles is probably 10 minutes, so no I don't miss that!

4. I miss good restaurants. We do have a few here, but there's really not many out here which kind of stinks. If I ate fast food, or fried food, or gross greasy po boys I would LOVE the food here. Since that's not the case, the restaurants aren't quite the same.

3. I miss going to my Texas Country concerts with my Dad!! He and I would go whenever we had a chance to Robert Earl Keen, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Charlie Robison, etc. and it's been a while since we've gone. I have heard through friends of some great concerts that have been going on out there, and I sadly have missed all of them :(

2. I miss seeing little Lilly Martin grow up!! I hate that I haven't been there to spend a lot of time with her as she grows up! She's going to be 1 soon, and I can't believe it!!

1. I miss my girls!! You know who you are out there!! I haven't seen most of them since my wedding, and that's rediculous!! Angela, I miss your squeeky voice! Karen, I miss going to Onion Creek and talking for hours! Kelly, I miss your craziness and that big ol belly! Those are the three that popped in my head quickly, but trust me I miss others very much too!!

I have added some pictures of my girls, these are all from my bachelorette party. I would love to add more, but they are all on my laptop which my Mom is using. No, we don't drink a lot! Almost all of us are married and have families, but it was my bachelorette party so we let it all hang out!! Even the pregnant ones had a lot of fun that night :)

Some of us girls at Howl at the Moon
Kelly and I being retarded! We're pretty good at that


My cousins and I

I didn't write this because I'm sad and lonely! There are times that it gets a little tough, especially when Steven's working and I'm BORED out of my mind!! I'm doing really great out here, I just miss things from home. I want all of you to know that I do appreciate you all very much, eventhough I may not call as often as I should I still miss you all like crazy!! I get to see most everyone soon with the holidays coming, and I LOVE that :)

No comments: